Home Improvement Loan
For loan terms 1 - 10 years
Variable Interest rate:
Comparison rate from:
An unsecured personal loan for home owners to make improvements to your home or investment property.
Features and benefits
An unsecured loan for home owners to fund the cost of home improvements.
Borrow from as little as $1,000 with loan terms from 1-10 years.
Pay out your loan early without penalty and redraw payments in advance.
We'll simply add this to your loan each month.
We'll simply add this to your loan.
Early payout penalty
No penalty for paying off your loan early.
Minimum loan amount
Fund even your small projects.
How to apply
You can apply online, over the phone or at one of our financial services stores.
What can I finance?
It can be used for fixed home improvements or renovation purposes on the house you live in or for your residential investment property (except owner-builders).
It can't be used for purposes which are non-fixed, for example purchasing soft furnishings and/or appliances, repairing furniture or appliances and interior decorating.
- Swimming pools and spas
- House extensions
- Fencing, flooring
- Granny flats
- Upgrades to kitchens, bathrooms or other rooms
- Upgrades to heating and air conditioning
Fees and charges
Refer to our latest fees and charges schedule for a full list of applicable fees and charges.
You can apply if you:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have a regular income
- Are not or have not been bankrupt (including Part IX agreements)
- Are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have not had defaults on any Loans, Credit cards, Interest free finance or Store cards in the last 5 years
- Have been in your current job longer than 6 months
- Have an acceptable Credit Risk Profile (Credit Score)
- Your personal details, such as your current and previous address, phone number and email address
- Details of your income, employment, any assets (e.g. home, car or savings) and debts (mortgages, loans and credit cards) you currently have.
Community First Credit Union is able to offer loans to self employed applicants including home loans, personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts.
- Last 2 years full Tax Returns and financials/profit & loss statements for both of your personal and/or company tax returns to support your Self Employed income, and last 2 pay slips for other applicants
- Proof of any rental income for properties via real estate statement or copy of executed lease
- Latest Notice Of Assessments for each applicant
- Last 3 months most recent everyday transaction account statements where your income is credited to.
- Last 3 months statements of any loans or credit cards you are refinancing to us
- Copy of current rates notice if it is a mortgage application
Credit eligibility criteria, terms & conditions, fees & charges apply. You can view Target Market Determinations here.
1 Rate is current as at 02/08/21 and subject to change without notice.
*The comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan amount of $30,000 over a loan term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
Community First Credit Union LimitedABN 80 087 649 938 | AFSL and Australian credit licence 231204 | BSB 512-170