For loan terms 1 - 10 years
Variable Interest rate:
Comparison rate from:
Finance the cost of environmentally friendly improvements to your home such as solar panels and more.
Features and benefits
An unsecured loan for environmentally friendly products, like solar panels.
Borrow from as little as $1,000 with loan terms from 1-10 years.
Pay out your loan early without penalty and redraw payments in advance.
Rate City Gold Award
Community First has been awarded Best Green Personal Loan Gold Award for 2024. RateCity personal loan awards celebrate lenders who consistently offer competitive loans to Australian Consumers.
We'll simply add this to your loan each month.
We'll simply add this to your loan.
Early payout penalty
No penalty for paying off your loan early.
Minimum loan amount
Fund even your small purchases for your home.
How to apply
You can apply online, over the phone or at one of our financial services stores.
What can I finance?
A green loan can be used to finance the cost of environmentally friendly products around the home, such as solar panels, rain water tanks and more. To be eligible to apply, you need to be the home owner of the property.
The work must be carried out by a certified tradesperson where appropriate, and a quote or invoice will need to be supplied as part of the application process.
- Solar panels
- Solar hot water systems and solar pool heaters
- Split system, evaporative cooler or high star rated, zoned air conditioner
- External awnings
- Gas, solar, hydronic or reverse cycle air conditioners with a minimum 4 star rating
- Highly efficient electric heaters (minimum 5 stars) or solar, hydronic or heat pump system
- Rainwater tanks
- Double glazing
- Photo voltaic (PV) panels and systems
- Grey water treatment system
- Vertical axis wind turbines
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting
- Home ventilation systems
Fees and charges
Refer to our fees and charges schedule for more information on fees that may be applicable.
You can apply if you:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have a regular income
- Are not or have not been bankrupt (including Part IX agreements)
- Are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have not had defaults on any Loans, Credit cards, Interest free finance or Store cards in the last 5 years
- Have been in your current job longer than 6 months
- Have an acceptable Credit Risk Profile (Credit Score)
- Your personal details, such as your current and previous address, phone number and email address
- Details of your income, employment, any assets (e.g. home, car or savings) and debts (mortgages, loans and credit cards) you currently have.
Community First Bank is able to offer loans to self employed applicants including home loans, personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts.
- Last 2 years full Tax Returns and financials/profit & loss statements for both of your personal and/or company tax returns to support your Self Employed income, and last 2 pay slips for other applicants
- Proof of any rental income for properties via real estate statement or copy of executed lease
- Latest Notice Of Assessments for each applicant
- Last 3 months most recent everyday transaction account statements where your income is credited to.
- Last 3 months statements of any loans or credit cards you are refinancing to us
- Copy of current rates notice if it is a mortgage application
Credit eligibility criteria, terms & conditions, fees & charges apply. You can view Target Market Determinations here.
1 Rate for new loans is current as at 23/11/23 and subject to change without notice
* The comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan amount of $30,000 over a loan term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
Community First Credit Union LimitedABN 80 087 649 938 | Operating as Community First Bank | AFSL and Australian credit licence 231204| BSB 512-170