A deposit bond can be used to purchase property when you don't have immediate access to cash - but you will by settlement.
Available for first home buyers, investors, downsizing or upsizing, buying off the plan and for bridging loans.
When settling in under 6 months, there is a one-off fee of 1.3% of the deposit amount. For other terms you can get a quote online or contact us.
First home buyer?
Getting a 10% deposit can be challenging. You can use a deposit bond in place of cash for the deposit required. Then, at settlement, you pay for the full purchase price, including the deposit amount and other costs.Watch the video
A deposit bond, sometimes referred to as a deposit guarantee, is an insurance policy that is used in place of the cash deposit required between signing the contract of sale and settlement. Just like a cash deposit, a deposit bond guarantees a purchaser’s commitment to an unconditional contract of sale.
- A First Home Buyer, borrowing 100% of the purchase price plus costs, through a parental guarantee or family pledge arrangement, with the loan funds only available at settlement;
- A Purchaser who simply does not have the cash deposit or enough cash available when entering into a contract of sale;
- A Property Investor who has their cash tied up in property and are cash poor today;
- Downsizing or Upsizing, where you are looking to buy and sell simultaneously, with your cash locked away in the equity of your home you are selling or plan to sell;
- Applying for a Bridging Loan that allows you to purchase a new home before finalising the sale of your existing one. A deposit bond will give you the ability to exchange on your property prior to settlement of your sale purchase;
- Buying off-the-plan with longer settlements, looking to keep your access to your cash where it may be working harder for you.
Getting into the property market can be frustrating. Once you’ve found a property you love and can afford, you’re faced with an even bigger challenge:
How do you get access to the 10% deposit?
Community First Credit Union Limited acts under a referral agreement for this product. Deposit Assure's privacy and data collection safeguards all personal information that is provided by you to Deposit Assure upon contact by Deposit Assure and when application is made for a deposit bond. The information on this website is for general information only and should not be taken as constituting advice from Deposit Assure or the Publisher of this content. Deposit Assure Pty Ltd ABN 40 168 962 365.
Community First Credit Union LimitedABN 80 087 649 938 | AFSL and Australian credit licence 231204 | BSB 512-170